Thursday 10 November 2011

Hello Pantonians


Pantonians a new word I just made up (a bit like the script for the panto) and I think this more than sums up those who each year round the festive season head to their local theatre for a dose of music, dancing and mayhem.  This year at the finest panto in all the land, namely EASTBOURNE, we are performing Robin Hood.  Not a familiar title to some but packed full of all the usual brilliant and entertaining stuff which year on year packs in the fantastic punters or as I like to name them now Pantonians.


I am so excited to be back performing in Eastbourne this year which will be my 5th year.  Anyway I bring news of exciting things and despite the recession a whole host of visually stunning set-pieces this year.  


We start rehearsals on November 28th but this Tuesday Martyn Knight and myself went out to Hailsham and mounted our respective steeds for a bit of comedy filming, which will of course feature in the show at various points. What may not feature is the look of sheer panic on Martyn's face when it was revealed he would be riding the ex racehorse called Wally and it was suggested he did not point Wally towards anything vaguely fence-like or he may mistake it for Beeches Brook and bolt in it's general direction.  Thanks to the wonderful Holly who was there to help we avoided any traumas.  


I was riding a slightly smaller mount called Milly who was an absolute star.  During one of the shots a decidedly dodgy looking fellow dressed like a traffic warden walked into shot and had to be forcibly removed despite his protestations "did we know who he was" and "he would get his revenge for this outrageous behaviour"  said his name was Jordan or something!!  Anyhoo I have posted a couple of photos for your delectation.  This is just a little teaser of what is to come in OMG it's only 4 weeks until we open!!  Ah! Better trot off and get learning my script.  Chris, have you seen my script?  Anyone? A script? No?  All right then I'll just have to make it up as I go along!  Nothing new there then.  See you all in a few weeks and check back during rehearsals for more updates on how things are going. 


Whatcha 


Carl Patrick 

Martyn looking nice and relaxed before we enter the stables and discover which horse we are riding.

Martyn looking a little tense in the mouth as he is introduced to Wally.

Martyn giving Wally a mint to try and bond with him and gain his trust.


Me and Milly.  Yes those are tights but I only ever wear them on Tuesdays and at xmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment